Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Charlie Rangel’s Rant: “Hey, if I was you I may want me to go away too. I am not going away! I am here!”



Highlights from Mediaite: 
• “The President wants dignity, let’s have dignity in this house, where the ethics committee means something. And that none of you, if the newspapers say anything, will have to wait two years before you can say ‘no comment.’”
• “Why did I take the floor today? When I haven’t found one lawyer that said I should do it. I haven’t even found one friend that said I should do it.”
• “If I can’t get my dignity back here, then fire your best shot in getting rid of me through expulsion.”
• “Hey, if I was you I may want me to go away too. I am not going away! I am here!”
Some are calling Rangel’s rant a Blago moment and that is a pretty apt description. The Democrats created this monster. They have had control of Congress since 2006 and knew about all of Rangel’s shenanigans.  They chose to ignore it. Now with less than 90 days until midterm elections, Charlie Rangel is digging his heels in.

Truth be told, who can blame him. With a gerrymander district and a few hits of racism, Rangel has a real shot at reelection. Factor in the fact that whether Rangel stays or goes, Democrats are still likely to loose control of the House and you can understand why Rangel can completely ignore Democrats’s pleas for him to resign.

Video h/t: Hot Air

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope he stays on the public stage and rat out as much NYC corruption as possible.

2nd Anonymous.

Just a conservative girl said...

I watched it live, it was simply stunning. The man truly doesn't get it.

Hot Sam said...

I have to ditto "Just a conservative girl." I turned on the TV and there he was. I couldn't believe he would actually take the House floor in his defense.

I was transfixed listening to this criminal trying to explain why he's just misunderstood.

The military prohibits the passive voice in communication precisely because it avoids responsibility, e.g. mistakes were made.

Watch the video and see how many times he used the passive voice.

Related Posts with Thumbnails