Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Video: Suffering children should be suffocated

The Blaze: Advice columnists in Britain are known as “agony aunts” (or uncles).  Virginia Ironside is one.  Her latest bit of advice has drawn outraged reaction from television viewers who caught her comments on the BBC yesterday.  She appeared during a segment called, “Can abortion be a kindness?” Here’s the Daily Mail account of her comments:
Miss Ironside said: ‘If a baby’s going to be born severely disabled or totally unwanted, surely an abortion is the act of a loving mother.’
She added: ‘If I were the mother of a suffering child – I mean a deeply suffering child – I would be the first to want to put a pillow over its face… If it was a child I really loved, who was in agony, I think any good mother would.’ 

I saw this video yesterday on The Right Scoop.  Then Glenn Beck highlighted it on his TV show.  This is what happens when you take abortion one step too far.  It is the same flawed line of thinking that believes it is better to abort children born to disadvantaged parents than to raise them in a life of poverty.  Nonsense! Without a100% accurate crystal ball, there is absolutely no way of knowing which children will rise above their circumstances. Only a chance at life can determine that.
One of my clients is a nonprofit pediatric cancer organization. I have met many of the parents and their inflicted children. From firsthand knowledge I have seen parents forfeit their physical, emotional and financial well being to extend LIFE for their inflicted children. Euthanasia is the furthest thing from their minds. So I have no idea what this woman is talking about when she says; “I think any good mother would”.
I wish the story at The Blaze included whether or not Virginia Ironside has any children. I would love to know if she is speaking as a real mother or as just another BS academic talking hypothetically about real world issues.
Via: The Blaze 

5 comments:

Paul said...

Unfortunately, I believe this sentiment is all to common with the pro-death progressives.

Chris said...

There are more Progressives then you think that feel this way about the handycaped. If heard it when in college and now it is making it's way into mainstream. The mask isw coming off of the left and it ain't pritty.

Patricia said...

A disturbing look at the thought process of the progressive mind. They have become so emboldened that they now openly and proudly speak their mind.
I agree with Chris the mask is coming off and it ain't pretty.

Just a conservative girl said...

As a mother of a child who has special needs, this is so appalling. At least the two other people were completely appalled by what she said. There is still hope.

Janelle said...

Some of my favorite customers are disabled. They are all good folk...... love them every day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails